COVID-19 INFECTION PREVENTION & CONTROL
In addition to our usual infection prevention and control procedures at FACEmed, we have introduced the following extra measures;
- Management is monitoring the COVID-19 situation on a daily basis and ensuring that the Centre and Team are following guidance from the Department of Health.
- Clinical team members will wear a uniform/scrubs which will be changed at the end of each day and washed at 60 degrees or above.
- Clinical team members will wear the following PPE during your visit:
- Surgical Masks
- Visors (in some cases)
- Disposable Hair Caps (in some cases)
- Non-Latex Gloves
- Disposable Aprons
- Our new appointment scheduling process allows only one patient into the allocated clinic at a time, this allows us to eliminate (as much as possible) more than two people in the waiting area and promote a 2 meter distance. Please ensure you are on-time for your appointments. You may not be seen if you are late.
- It is not permitted for you to bring anyone into the medical centre with you.
- We ask that you do no attend the medical centre if you or someone in your household has a high temperature, a cough, loss of taste or smell, or has been sick within the last 10 days before your appointment date.
- You will be asked to wash your hands on arrival at the centre or use the hand gel provided.
- Please limit your personal belongings that you bring into the centre, these will not be permitted into the treatment room with you.
- Waiting rooms can facilitate two people at a safe distance, we will not allow more than two people in the waiting room.
- The Centre is equipped with hand sanitisation stations at various locations which you are encouraged to use on arrival and before departing the Centre.
- After your visit we will wipe down all surfaces touched with virucidal disinfectant in preparation for the next patient.
- The Centre is professionally cleaned at the end of each day by specialist healthcare cleaners – S&S Mediclean who are specially trained in Infection Prevention and Control.
- All FACEmed team members on-site have received relevant infection prevention and control training and are up-to-date on COVID-19 guidance. Management ensures that all team members on-site abide by social distancing rules, wear appropriate PPE and wash their hands on a more than regular basis. All team members have been had the necessary screening before returning to work.