MBBs, MPhil, FRCS (Plast), EBOPRAS (Fellow)
Ms Kallirroi Tzafetta
An expert in her field
Renowned plastic surgeon Ms Kallirroi Tzafetta has years of experience in transforming her patient’s lives for the better. Her expertise lies in reconstructive procedures following burns or cancer removal as well as general plastic surgery. Patient’s feel comfortable and at ease with Ms Tzafetta’s approachable and personable style.
An accomplished speaker, Ms Tzafetta is regularly invited to talk at conferences and other events, sharing her expertise in several areas including facial paralysis, facial reconstruction and wound healing.
From a research perspective, during her fellowship in Norfolk, Virginia Ms Tzafetta was awarded a grant from the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF) in the USA. This funding allowed her to undertake laboratory and clinical research on facial paralysis and the facial nerve. The results of her work were published in the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. The insights gained during this research meant that Ms Tzafetta was asked to co-author a chapter on facial reanimation in the textbook PLASTIC SURGERY: Indications and Practice (Elsevier).
Ms Tzafetta’s accomplishments include:
- Medical Degree from the University of Athens.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Plastic Surgeons FRCS(plast).
- Member of the European Board of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS).
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- On the GMC specialist register for plastic surgeons.
- Fellowship in microsurgery and facial paralysis surgery at The Microsurgical Research Centre at Eastern Virginia Medical School, USA.
- Awarded a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) from the University of Bradford, for full-time research work on wound healing.
Ms Tzafetta is a member of the British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), the World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (WSRM) and the Sir Charles Bell Society for facial paralysis.
Ms Tzafetta has no financial interest and is not a shareholder within FACEmed nor does she have any financial share or interest in equipment used at the centre. Ms Tzafetta does not hold any paid advisory roles at this centre or within FACEmed. She has full practice privileges at FACEmed but is not under employment.