Hyperhidrosis – Excessive UnderArm Sweating
Hyperhidrosis is a common condition in which a person sweats excessively in certain areas of the body. People with excessive sweating suffer from the condition known as severe primary axillary hyperhidrosis which affects one in twenty people worldwide. Some people are so embarrassed by this condition that they never seek help.
Excessive sweating can be challenging to treat and it may take a while to find a treatment right for you. Changing your lifestyle cannot cure primary hyperhidrosis (hyperhidrosis with no obvious cause), but it can improve your symptoms and help your confidence.
Your Hyperhydrosis Specialist:
Miss Monica Berrangé
You could be suffering with hyperhidrosis if you experience the following symptoms:
- You avoid physical contact, such as shaking hands, because you feel self-conscious about your sweating.
- You become socially withdrawn and self-conscious.
- You don’t take part in activities, such as dancing or exercise, for fear they will make your sweating worse.
- Excessive sweating is interfering with your job.
- You’re having problems with normal daily activities.
- You’re spending a significant amount of time coping with sweating – for example, frequently showering and changing your clothes.
Botulinum toxin type a injections for Hyperhidrosis
For many years, Botulinum Toxin Type A has been used to medically treat cases of hyperhidrosis. It is administered by injection into carefully targeted areas of the body affected by hyperhidrosis, most commonly in the armpits. The Botulinum Toxin Type A reduces sweating by blocking the signals from the brain to the sweat glands.
Small injections are given in the affected areas of the body, such as the armpits, hands, feet or face.
The procedure usually takes about 30-45 minutes in total.
The effect of the injections usually lasts for 3-4 months, after which time the treatment can be repeated if necessary.
Potential side effects of botulinum toxin type a injections
Since it is applied locally there are no widespread side effects. Each twenty minute injection session can stop sweating for approximately four months or so, most people can get satisfactory relief with two to three sessions each year. For the majority of people, this therapy is a delightful change, liberating them from daily worries of sweating in the wrong place at the wrong time.
|Female patients (both arms)||From £450.00|
|Male patients (both arms)||From £500.00|