NHS SURGERY AT FACEMED
FACEmed is proud to partner with the NHS for the provision of Podiatric Day Surgery. NHS patients are referred by their GP to Essex Partnership University Trust before they can be directed to FACEmed for their day surgery procedure.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY OF SURGERY
- Patients are provided with an allocated arrival time which should be strictly adhered to. If you are arriving by car, please let us know you have arrived by phoning us on 01268 833680 and we will either invite you into the building or ask you to remain in your car until the surgical team are ready for you. Once you arrive into the building, we will take the contact details of your Chaperone after which they can leave and will be called to return once you are ready to go home. Please note that unfortunately we do not have the facility for your chaperone to wait onsite. We have listed below a few places nearby that they can visit to pass the time if required.
- Once you have been checked in you will be taken through to the day unit for a presurgical assessment. The Surgeon will then proceed to administer the local anaesthetic block which usually takes approximately 30min to take effect after which you will be taken to theatre for surgery.
- Once the procedure is complete you will have a recovery time of approximately 30min where we will notify your chaperone that you are ready to be collected. You may arrive to the clinic on your own, however you will be required to have an escort to take you home and remain with you for up to 24hrs after your procedure. You cannot drive yourself, your surgery will be cancelled on the day if you cannot provide the details of your chaperone on the day.
- Post-operative care, instructions and appointments will be provided by the NHS ahead of your procedure.
How to get to FACEmed
The best way to reach FACEmed is by car. Our full address and postcode is:
FACEmed Cosmetic, Medical & Dental Centre, Crays Hill, Billericay, Essex CM11 2XP.
There is parking available onsite.
Train and Taxi:
FACEmed is approximately 15 minutes by taxi from 3 main train stations: Basildon, Billericay, and Wickford. It is recommended to take a taxi from the station due to the infrequency of the local buses.
Train and Bus:
- From Basildon Train Station – take the number 10 bus towards Wickford 6 stops to Post Office Crays Hill (journey time 16mins). FACEmed is directly across the road the Post Office. Please check bus timetable online prior as there is only one bus per hour.
- From Billericay Train Station – take the number 12 bus towards Wickford 13 stops to Post Office Crays Hill (journey time 14mins). FACEmed is directly across the road the Post Office. Please check bus timetable online prior as there is only one bus per hour approximately
- From Wickford Train Station – take the number 12 bus towards Billericay 9 stops to Post Office Crays Hill (journey time 15 mins). FACEmed is directly across the road the Post Office. Please check bus timetable online prior as there is only one bus per hour approximately
Things to do near FACEmed
FACEmed does not have waiting facilities for chaperones. Please see below a list of local high streets and other interesting places to visit in the locality if it is not feasable for your chaperone to go home and wait after you have been dropped off.
NEAREST HIGH STREETS:
- Billericay (CM12 2XE) – selection of shops & cafés, plus Waitrose supermarket – turn left out of the car park, follow road until you reach high street.
- Wickford (SS12 9AQ) – selection of shops, Aldi and Co-op supermarket – turn right out of the car park, follow the road until you reach the high street
SUMMERHILL GARDEN CENTRE:
Arterial Road Essex, Pipps Hill Rd North, Billericay, CM11 2UJ
Large garden centre, pet department, restaurant, seasonal decorations etc
BARLEYLANDS FARM AND CRAFT VILLAGE
Barleylands Road, Billericay, Essex, CM11 2UD
Tiptree Jam Tea rooms, arts and craft studios, gifts, farm animals and much more.
SAINSBURYS SUPERMARKET & MATALAN
Cricketers Retail Park, Cricketers Way, Basildon SS13 1SA
Large supermarket with restaurant
Large Matalan home and clothing store.
MAYFLOWER RETAIL PARK
14 Gardiners Lane South, Basildon SS14 3HZ
Greg’s, Costa, Clarks, Home Bargains, Sports Direct, Boots, Choice Clothing, Tesco Supermarket, McDonalds, KFC
Post Surgery Questions
Should you experience any issues during your recovery or if you have any questions about your post-operative instructions or medication, please call EPUT on 01702538141 (office hours).